Dear Students and Families: I hope that all of you had a pleasant summer and had some time for rest and relaxation. I am looking forward to a great school year ahead. Welcome back to our returning students, and we all welcome our newcomers to your Tomorrow Center family. We are proud of our staff and students and invite you to get to know our school. I encourage you to become involved by volunteering or visiting school when you can. It is with great pleasure that I welcome you, as part of our educational family, to the 2014-2015 school year.
A new school year is always an exciting time for all. It presents opportunities for various beginnings – new classes, new faces, sometimes new courses, new expectations, a busier schedule, more choices and often new materials.
Parents, please take time to:
- Talk with your child about their school day. Ask them specific questions about their time at school.
- Review your child’s grades on the PowerSchool portal. The Portal will give you relevant information regarding your child’s performance on their homework, a test or quiz as well as their attendance. Your interest and concern in their school progress will motivate them to do their best.
- Maintain contact with your child’s teachers and staff members to establish a successful home/school connection. All of our teachers have classroom websites with their contact information, classroom links, and useful resources.
Students, here are some tips to help you get started with your transition:
- Make reminders and plan ahead.
- Make time for homework and assignments.
- Check your grades/attendance frequently
- Break big projects into smaller ones.
- Prepare the night before.
- Get involved at school. Participate in club sports/cheerleading
Our goal is to challenge your child academically, grow them socially and emotionally, and guide them toward independent thinking and problem solving. Students will be encouraged to display good character and to make good choices that will result in successful outcomes. We are looking forward to a great school year filled with enriching activities and learning experiences that will help your child display “Tiger Pride!”
Our school learning community is strengthened by our partnerships. The active participation of students, staff, families, and community organizations are essential for our continued success. I encourage you all to be active in our parent groups, literacy and math nights, in addition to many of the during and after school activities.. As we go through the school, I welcome the opportunity to meet all of you. Please know that I have an open door policy and you are invited to The Tomorrow Center anytime.
We are looking forward to a positive, upbeat school year at TC. I encourage all students to stand up to mistreatment, vandalism, and to anything you know is not right. Remind yourself you do not have to follow the crowd. Be yourself and even when no one is watching, do the right thing. Parents, please help us by reinforcing school expectations at home. With your help, The Tomorrow Center will continue to be a school community in which every person feels respected, valued, and is encouraged and challenged to achieve at the highest levels.
I look forward to working with you and your child throughout the school year to provide a productive and safe learning environment that supports student success. Once again, welcome to a new year at The Tomorrow Center School.