Mount Gilead High School will be offering a Financial Aid Info Night and a FAFSA Completion Session on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 from 6:00 - 8:00p.m. at the MGHS Community Room. An Ohio State University Financial Aid representative will be speaking on college financial planning, including an overview of all potential sources of financial aid available statewide and nationally for students attending any two or four year college or university. This portion of the event is open to students from both Mount Gilead and Northmor High School and their parents or guardians.
After the conclusion of the information session, there will be assistance available to help seniors and their parents/guardians complete and submit the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal and State Aid (FAFSA). You should bring all of the following documents/information which you have available for you and your parents for the FAFSA Completion Session:
* FSA ID - both the student and one parent each need to create their own unique Federal Student Aid usernames and passwords at www.fsaid.ed.gov at least three days prior to the event;
* 2016 Student and Parent Federal Tax Returns;
* 2016 Student and Parent W2's (unless self-employed);
* A listing of any other types of untaxed income or benefits received in 2016;
* Documentation from you and/or your parent's case worker with the total amount of TANF received for 2016;
* Supplemental Social Security Disability received in 2016;
* The total amount of child support paid and/or received in 2016;
* The total amount of Federal Work Study received in 2016 (for current college students);
* Bank statements;
* Investment records;
* Student and parent Social Security numbers.
For those parents/students who are new to the FAFSA process, the new "prior-prior year" process is in effect. Families will complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA with their actual 2016 income information as opposed to their estimated 2017 information.
In addition, Marion OSU and Marion Technical College will be offering the following FAFSA Completion Workshops to all high school seniors and their parents. These workshops are offered as a community service to our students and families. The sessions are free, but space is limited, and registration is required. Dates and complete details are available at www.go.osu.edu/fafsa.
FAFSA Completion Workshops:
* Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 5:00-7:00pm
* Thursday, November 16, 2017, 5:00-7:00pm
* Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 5:00-7:00pm
* Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 5:00-7:00pm
You can register for any of the Marion sessions by contacting Matt Moreau, Director of Financial Aid & Institutional Research at (740) 725-6389 or by email Moreau.email@example.com. For questions, feel free to contact Brant Hosack at Mount Gilead HIgh School.